Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Smite [Xbox One, PC, PS4]

• Administrator
On 5/29/2021 at 4:59 AM, Sakura Alexia said:

I am super interested in this god, like every other female god basically XD

Not sure about buffs and nerfs, especially regarding Vulcan, I doubt it was needed tbh, even if the main problem still remains his stupid turret.

Yeah, thought you'd ben keen!

Only people happy about Vulcan buffs are Vulcan players.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:10 AM, Stubborn Saber said:

After watching the cinematic I welcome our new Morgan Le Fay overlords, and hunter nerfs are always good. Supress this 3rd rate god class with 4th rate builds into the dirt where it belongs XD 

Transcendence being cheaper is a slight indirect Loki both too, noice.

Noooooo leave hunters alone : ( *says an ADC main*

Though that being said... Trans buff means ability hunters are back on. There's no win situation really. Nerf crit, ability hunters come back. Buff crit, basic attack hunters come back.

Ability assassins back? Probably. Maybe even some warrior junglers.... *looks at Odin*

• Administrator

All right. This is a big mid season patch that will change how Smite is played.

My thoughts are summarized below.

@Stubborn Saber @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic

8.7 - MID SEASON

BONUS BALACE - 29th of June

https://www.smitegame.com/news/8-6-bonus-update-notes-live-june-29/ 

• I really like that Rama skin
  • Small Morgana nerf but to be expected. I imagine there will be more nerfs in the future when she's played in ranked at all levels of play
  • Fuck Persephone
  • Fuck King Arthur too, but he'll be back later in the year when HiRez decided to buff him by reverting all the nerfs 
  • Fuck you too Cu, but he'll be back later at some point in time
  • Leave my boy SWK alone though it doesn't affect him too much
  • Good. Giggles nerfs.
  • That's a shit Janus nerf. That does nothing. The ult isn't the problem. That's a gentle slap. He's losing a tiny bit of damage on his ult. It's the 2 that should've recieved a nerf.... like increasing the cooldown
  • Not sure what to say about Raijin. Don't see him much

ACTUAL PATCH - 13th of July

https://www.smitegame.com/news/midseason-8-7-update-notes/

• Loki looking fine. Damn boy. Looks like I'll be a Loki main again.
  • I actually like the Battle Pass but I worry we will see Bakasuras everywhere now
  • Sounds like the conquest map is turning into a bigger version of the old season 4 map. Does that mean the beach and the crabs are back for duo?
  • On that note... I think supports will be staying in lane a bit longer now.
  • Meditation change is an interesting but not sure if that will change its viability. Might be worth getting on a support maybe? Not sure. Assault will be the same - just don't pop it all at the same time
  • No Boots meta. Basically, you gain extra speed all the way up until level 7 which is when you would normally have full boots. You do NOT lose this speed after level 7. It basically just opens up new build paths, but remember boots do offer some pretty strong stats early on. So the meta will be a big change up!
  • New War Banner might be worth getting as a secondary relic for supports?
  • Bluestone Pendant still viable for ability based gods
  • Deaths Toll meta? Hello Osiris and Bellona solo lane again?
  • Really good to see hunters can't get Beserkers Shield anymore. Item was too busted on hunters
  • Sentinels Gift seems to be the pick up item for supports again
  • Vampiric Shroud just encourages more mages in solo lane so expect lots of mage solos again
  • Leather Cowl is now an excellent starter for hunters - lifesteal, health and now mana regeneration!
  • Ama buffs - I guess that's a big yay for Ama players
  • Yay Artemis buffs but still not going to help her
  • Baba buffs woot
  • Baron solo lane everyone?
  • Hachiman might be back
  • Nice Hades buffs,. Expect to see Hades everywhere in solo lane again
  • Why are Nox and He Bo getting buffs?
  • Hel meta again? Hera back on the menu too
  • Mulan and Odin buffs. COuld be a good or a bad thing depending if you are a fan or not. Odin jungle?
  • Olorun still an ult bot
  • Why is Freya getting buffs? Screw Freya meta
  • Some nice Yemoja buffs for Yemoja players

There are two metas I can see forming from these new changes.

Jungle can set up a snowball meta and get mid ahead fast. I suspect katana builds will really take off big time too so yay (sigh) for katana gods.... Baka top ban people.

The other meta? Stacking meta. Mids will want Book of Thoth or Warlocks. Mage solos will want Warlocks (hello Hades). Hunters will get ahead faster too since they can stack earlier.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

So, got a bit slack and forgot to update this.

Oops.

More patch notes:

BONUS PATCH - https://www.smitegame.com/news/8-9-bonus-update-notes-live-october-5/ 

NEW GOD PATCH - https://www.smitegame.com/news/the-queen-of-the-banshees-8-10-update-notes/

Celtic assassin at last yay! She looks pretty cool.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

All right patch thoughts! Worlds is coming up in January so they won't be doing any major changes.

My thoughts as always.

@Sakura Alexia @Stubborn Saber

8;10 BONUS PATCH - NOVEMBER 2 https://www.smitegame.com/news/8-10-bonus-update-notes-live-november-2/

• I like the Persephone and Xbalanque skin
  • No comment on the Achilles one... Okay. He looks like a stripper.
  • Why would they nerf Spectral Armour? Do we really want a crit meta?
  • Fuck Cthulhu
  • Why Odin? Dude always gets some buffs, becomes frustrating, gets nerfed and becomes irrelevant until they revert his nerfs again... sigh
  • Fuck Geb

8:11 MAIN PATCH - NOVEMBER 16 https://www.smitegame.com/news/transformers-8-11-update-notes/

• Don't care for the Transformers battle pass so yay on saving gems
  • I like that worlds Scylla skin most likely for Paul since he basically won worlds last year with Scylla
  • Nice Giggles skin too. That Baba Skin is awesome. 
  • Oh yay planning phase is back for ranked conquest but doubt anyone will really make much use of it anyway
  • "All 5 players on each team will get to ban 1 god at the start of the draft" Well, kinda makes sense. At least everyone will get to ban one god they really don't want to lane against
  • "Opponents bans will not be revealed until after every ban is locked or the time expires" Okay. That's fine. Creates suspense
  • "Duplicate bans can occur (Order and Chaos team each ban the same god)' Do we get to do an extra ban if there's a duplicate?
  • Does anyone actually buy Book of the Dead?
  • Bastet rework - hmmm, she could be quite strong. Pretty darn strong. She already did a hell of a lot of damage, but now she has better early game clear, and lifesteal.  New ult is interesting. CC immune and quicksand ability. Interesting. Could be fun.
  • A ZEUS BUFF. He's faster now when he's 2 is being used. Woot.
  • Why is Poseidon getting buffs?
  • Why is Xing getting buffs?
  •  

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

8.12: Titan of the Cosmos

Actual Patch > https://www.smitegame.com/news/titan-of-the-cosmos-8-12-update-notes/ 

Bonus Balance > https://www.smitegame.com/news/8-11-bonus-update-notes-live-november-30/ 

• Really awesome skins
  • Atlas is going to be hell to deal with
  • Pretty dumb how Mercury's 1 can be fired through walls
  • Medusa buffs are very nice
  • Bastet's ult still sucks

Atlas's kit. Somehow, I can see @Stubborn Saber playing him in jungle and just wrecking. Hi Rez says 'low scaling' but they will be proven wrong!

So... What do we think? @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @Ace of Spies @Shizophrenia

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

New Smite thread. 

I've been a fan since season mid season 3, but I've gotta say, season 9 has been very... uninteresting. It pains me to say it, but I haven't really had that much interest in Smite for several months now for numerous reasons - the crappy meta and unbalanced items/gods, kinda bland new god kits (Jade Emperor is just.... wtf) but really it's the player base and the matchmaking that's shittier than ever before. Not to mention, awful servers (hello invisible Janus abilities game).

Fellow Smiters... 

How are you feeling about the current state of the game?

@Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @Stubborn Loki @TJMike @Ace of Spies

I feel the exact same as you said, been uninterested and even frustrated for a while, playing alone is not an option either.

Unless the game somehow flips entirely around I am considering uninstalling it.

Too bad for all the money spent I won't get back. 

• Administrator

I've only been playing a bit of assault over the past few weeks - it's the only mode that's not as frustrating thanks to no roles required and forced random pick.

The last time I played conquest? That was a shitshow. It's kinda sad because I still do genuinely like the game, and I've spent a lot of time and money in it, but I just haven't had that itch to really go back to something like conquest. 

I'll still keep the game installed because I do still enjoy assault and the like. If anyone wants to give it a shot some weekend, let me know, otherwise I'm kinda just avoiding conquest.

I'll play whenever someone else wants to play, or if there's really something I want from an event and such.

To think I had considered joining the fanart contest, and for what? for a game that I am probably not going to touch in a long while if ever again...

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I know people aren't really playing Smite so much anymore, but thought I'd keep you posted.

Lancelot the assassin comes to Smite!

He has a horse not linked to his ultimate!

More to come.

@Sakura Alexia @Stubborn Saber @VectorLogic @Lightningblade49 @Shizophrenia

287371983_5522311314455586_6373669457724

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

So been getting back into Smite again after many months and it feels pretty good to be back. It does help I’m still a fan of the SPL scene and some members still frequently play. I’m currently loving the game again, and I haven’t felt that since the start of the year.

Salty people still exist but if you squad up it’s not so bad. I don’t bother with ranked anymore - it’s all about that casual life and having a bit of fun. Porko and Trip don’t play ranked anymore either so they team dynamic is much more chill now and not ugly.

Meta is still leaning towards warrior jungle but there’s so much freedom in other lanes now. Even in the SPL you are getting assassins in mid, mages in solo, warriors in ADC etc. 

Sadly, not seeing much Loki play though. It’s almost as if people have forgotten he exists. 

Looking forward to the day you return (hopefully)@Stubborn SaberThe squad needs ya! No one plays Loki better than you. 

23 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Looking forward to the day you return (hopefully)@Stubborn SaberThe squad needs ya! No one plays Loki better than you. 

Last matches I had on Smite I was really shitte, a two year old kid would’ve beaten me hahaha

I’ll probably get back into it eventually, but right now I’ve got my mind on other games. Wouldn’t expect too much from this ol’ Loki main either, been away so long I don’t have any idea what items are good and bad XD

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Stubborn Saber said:

Last matches I had on Smite I was really shitte, a two year old kid would’ve beaten me hahaha

I’ll probably get back into it eventually, but right now I’ve got my mind on other games. Wouldn’t expect too much from this ol’ Loki main either, been away so long I don’t have any idea what items are good and bad XD

We all have bad matches haha

August 23 Smite night. Book it in. Heh. If you’re free that is. I take it other games being Crusader Kings?

The preferred items haven’t really changed much.

5 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

We all have bad matches haha

August 23 Smite night. Book it in. Heh. If you’re free that is. I take it other games being Crusader Kings?

The preferred items haven’t really changed much.

Oof, that’d be just after the first shift into the working week on my end, but I’ll try and stay awake long enough to squeeze in an hour or so. Would try for 2 hours, but last time I gamed after a shift I woke up at 5:30pm for the next shift. The exact time I have to get out the door or be late XD

Yeah really enjoying CK3 right now, it might be stress management simulator half the time, but I haven’t been this hyped for a game since FFXV.

Edited by Stubborn Saber (see edit history)
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Stubborn Saber said:

Oof, that’d be just after the first shift into the working week on my end, but I’ll try and stay awake long enough to squeeze in an hour or so. Would try for 2 hours, but last time I gamed after a shift I woke up at 5:30pm for the next shift. The exact time I have to get out the door or be late XD

Yeah really enjoying CK3 right now, it might be stress management simulator half the time, but I haven’t been this hyped for a game since FFXV.

Ohhhh that’s a pain. Probably better to give it a miss then. 

2 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Ohhhh that’s a pain. Probably better to give it a miss then. 

We’ll see what happens. D&D session zero was originally planned during the middle of my working week too, so it’d be a bit hypocritical for me not to attempt a few games. Plus, I did forget to set my alarm on that day now that I think about it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Stubborn Saber said:

We’ll see what happens. D&D session zero was originally planned during the middle of my working week too, so it’d be a bit hypocritical for me not to attempt a few games. Plus, I did forget to set my alarm on that day now that I think about it.

I'll be on an hour later that day too - staff meeting too bleh. The other option would be just to delay it a bit.

36 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I'll be on an hour later that day too - staff meeting too bleh. The other option would be just to delay it a bit.

It’s alright. A short session on the 23rd and a longer one on a day that I’ve got off.

• Administrator

Smite SPL Drama!

Jade Dragons gave Sam the boot and picked up Scream (PBM and PandaCat won worlds with him many years ago). They’re much happier now. Basically PBM said he and Sam were clashing since last season and Pegon didn’t like Sam’s passive style much. Pegon arranged dinner with the the team (except Sam coz he was on holidays) and they all decided to kick him. Sam talked a bit about it on stream. Said they didn’t like how he didn’t play the meta picks.

Also, Sam admitted that he can be a bit overly sensitive and he took their comments personally. He also said that his mind often jumps to the worst case scenario and he had. A feeling they were going to drop him but thought they could work it out. He’s a bit salty over it. pBM talks a bit about it as well. Basically says Sam stopped communicating - overly sensitive and that affected his gameplay. 
They were actually going to kick him at the end of last season for Scream. Hurriwind joined Sam's chat and basically said the JDs have a tendency to lay all the blame on one person. Hurri said he would stick up for Sam then Hurri got the boot. Sam is on the Scarabs now. Basically, a jungler trade - Screammmmm went to the better team and Sam is now on arguably the worst team (though reunited with ScaryD whom he won worlds with several years ago).
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator

I’ve been playing this game since Susano’s release in season 3 thanks to @Ace of Spies.

I do have a love hate relationship with this game - there are many downs. The toxic players, bugs (aka features), laggy servers, ridiculous abilities, uneven damage numbers and extreme tryhards.

I’ve had many times where I’ve complained about how crap I am, complaints about the meta and whatnot…. but despite all the negatives, I still find many things to love after all these years.

I still enjoy the god designs. I still enjoy the thrills of winning a 1 v 1. I still enjoy the strategic thinking and the fun of an even match. 

I don’t see myself calling it a day until the game is no longer supported or I can no longer play no more. The positives still outweigh the negatives. 

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.