Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Overwatch

Laggy

1 hour ago, Lady Mechanika said:

Nice.  That was one of the names I had shortlisted if either of my boys turned out to be girls.

I've had a good run on QP and Arcade lately.  One team DM stands out as I took down a Rein, Winston and McCree singlehandedly as Mercy.  I'm thinking of trying competitive.  Can I have your best tips for it @Exelior and @Bunny Hop!? Best times of day to play to avoid server issues?  Do you get to choose who you go in with or is it just randomly assigned by level?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... Oh.... Never ask me about avoiding server issues... My Internet is so crap I lag out every ten minutes XD (But hey, I'm buying fibre optic... Yes, I am, thanks for nothing parents lol, but hopefully that'll be fixed soon)

I'd just say play a round of quickplay or arcade to see how your Internet is running before playing comp, should hopefully give you an idea of whether you'll have issues or not

As for the teammates... Well, you really want to have communication, get friends together who you Co-operate well with to play with you, I'd say at least four, as most team comps include 2 tanks 2 healers and 2 dps, you'll find plenty of random players who one trick main dps, so having teammates willing to fill out the other positions is the best way to go, but you really should try and get 6 friends into a party for the best communication. Bear in mind if someone is in a higher or lower league than you you may not be allowed to play with them for the sake of balancing. 

I'm normally playing with an already existing friend group on overwatch, but don't be afraid to send an invite if you could do with an extra player and if I'm free I'd be happy to help out (I generally go Rein on offense or Orisa on defence, so I fill out that tank role nobody likes by being a meat shield lol, but I also can competently play the other tanks... Except Dva at the moment, she's my most played character, but with the changes to her DM I find her way to squishy and she gets taken down too easily, maybe if they give her a bit of a buff but for now I'm not too great with playing her) 

TMW when you get a sweet Lucio PoTG and capture the objective for your team. Best feeling ever to get a support PoTG. (I'll add it in my big upload cause thank u ps4 for not uploading it)

Well, just checked my stats. I have just passed the 2 million mark for damage done as D.VA and the 1 million mark for damage blocked. I also have 35K healing as Lucio 
What are your amazing stats?

I've found Mercy partners well with most of them. Tanks, especially Rein, D.Va and Orisa.

I don't particularly like the more agile offences, Genji, Tracer and Pharah as its hard to keep locked on them with all the flipping and flying around. I like pairing with Soldier and McCree.

Others - I like working with good Hanzos.

Non Mercy combos - Symm does good trapping combined with a strong offence or sniper to pick them off.

11 minutes ago, Lady Mechanika said:

@Bunny Hop! Thank you. I levelled up after the tdm and got McCrees mystery man skin. 

No prob, I got Zarya's Maximum Charge Highlight intro (I want Riverboat McCree now) At least it isn't Mcreenana 

Edited by Bunny Hop! (see edit history)

Best type of ult combos are a hindering ult and a damage ult, e.g. Zarya and Junkrat, obviously, cause one keeps them in place while another blows them up, for Dva's which is kinda hard to place, Rein's is the best, cause Zarya's doesn't stop ults or anything... I mean, that's kinda common sense, but it's always good to keep that in mind when making a team comp. (Btw Mei's ult is just the best for combos, it's easy to catch people off guard with it and leaves them defenceless, drop a DVA or Junkrat ult in that and everyone is screwed)

Sombra works really well with defense heroes, e.g. Bastion, Junkrat, Hanzo, you know, high DPS that tend to lock down a location from one angle, reason being if you've got people hiding from a Bastion behind Rein if sombra gets behind and hacks him they're all screwed.

I my own opinions... Granted being a tank main a may be biased, but I do believe that single target healers (Aka Anna, Zen, and Mercy) should focus on tanks, dps tend to have abilities that let them quickly get in and out of combat, allowing them to get out, find a health pack and get back in, or have ways to heal themselves whereas tanks are a bit more clunky, a bigger target which makes them harder to get away, and more importantly are needed to soak up a lot more damage at the front to make them effective, also,especially for Ana, you're just gonna hit your marks better, hitting a genji as an Ana is pretty hard and wasting time on that when the Rein is up front tank is pretty pointless (granted I'm saying in combat situations when you have to choose between the two, don't just leave people who need healing stranded just cause they're dps, but I mean, I'm guessing you're all smart enough to guess that lol) 

Bastion and Orisa. Enough said. If you have these two on defence you'll lock down areas hard, Orisa wrecks anyone up close, Bastion provides insane DPS, and the shield is just perfect for him. 

I'd say Lucio goes well when you have another healer to provide more healing, just cause his healing isn't really good enough to support a whole team but supplies very nice steady healing for everyone, for example if you have a Mercy to provide big amounts of healing to the tanks having a Lucio will mean the DPS also won't have to worry too much about needing to go off and find health packs if you listen to my earlier advice, also his Ult goes rather well with things like Winston or especially dragonblade by giving them some extra health to get up close and DPS people. 

Zen goes rather well with people who are hard to keep up with (Such as Pharah... Yea Yea I know Pharmercy works but I mean, Pharmercy is kinda flawed for me, considering it takes almost all of Mercy's attention off of the people on the floor... You can keep your Pharah and yourself alive all game but if your Rein is getting no healing he's screwed and often that means the rest if the team falls behind him. Please, if you're a Mercy, don't Pharmercy. 

Mei and high close up DPS goes really well... Of you have tight communication you could really make Roadhog and Mei work in theory, with Roadhog hooking them close and then Mei freezing them, plus they can both self heal... Never really been able to make this work in practise though, it's more just an idea of mine.

Zarya also goes rather well if you have a lot of spread out agile characters... A Genji is gonna do better with a Zarya bubble than a Rein shield. 

That being said I'd say the best thing to do is have a DPS tank and a normal tank... You know, a Dva/ Zarya/Roadhog with a Rein/ Winston/ Orisa depending in the situation. Dva, Zarya or roadhog supply higher DPS to keep the enemy on their toes with abilities that block high amounts of damage over small areas while also taking some pressure by supplying another big target off of the heroes that really soak up damage and provide a barrier to hide behind like Rein, Winston or Zarya. Obviously this isn't all the time... If you're playing REALLY defensively a Rein and Orisa might serve better, but as a rule of thumb I tend to like the tank compositions that cover both areas more. 

Ah... I may have a rambled a bit, anyway that's what I've picked up so far,ill stop now lol

I agree with you totally on Pharmercy @Exelior

And on the offence/DPS too actually. They are mobile enough to disengage and run if they need to.  

I dread when I see a Pharah and even more dread it when I can hear her spamming 'group up' at me.  Pharah is mobile enough and out of the fight enough to keep herself fairly safe. And I feel like Mercy without the valkyrie ult in action is just an easy target piece of luggage a Pharah is carrying about.

I much prefer providing buffs and heals for the tanks and defence who are on the point.  

1 hour ago, Bunny Hop! said:

If I'm playing Mercy, I only use the Pharmercy thing to get the hell outta dodge if things go south

Yea but that's a good reason, it allows you to escape situations... Of course, only if the rest of the team has already jumped out or died and there's no chance of pulling back, I'd say support a retreat if they're trying to regroup. But using Pharah as an escape plan is perfectly fine, I wouldn't call it Pharmercy cause it's not really a lengthy team up. 

What most players like to do is play as the two characters because they will pretty much never die, a Mercy will Pharmercy cause she can avoid conflict by staying a hundred feet up and the pharah gets healing, and then they ignore their team completely and... I mean, Pharah can't carry a team, she's nice for disruption but putting all the healing on someone who really can't supply any help above a bit of extra DPS is pointless outside of self preservation, THAT'S the scummy thing in talking about. 

Edited by Exelior (see edit history)
3 minutes ago, Exelior said:

Yea but that's a good reason, it allows you to escape situations... Of course, only if the rest of the team has already jumped out or died and there's no chance of pulling back, I'd say support a retreat if they're trying to regroup. But using Pharah as an escape plan is perfectly fine, I wouldn't call it Pharmercy cause it's not really a lengthy team up. 

What most players like to do is play as the two characters because they will pretty much never die, a Mercy will Pharmercy cause she can avoid conflict by staying a hundred feet up and the pharah gets healing, and then they ignore their team completely and... I mean, Pharah can't carry a team, she's nice for disruption but putting all the healing on someone who really can't supply any help above a bit of extra DPS is pointless outside of self preservation, THAT'S the scummy thing in talking about. 

Exe helps. I got 1000 Credits do I chance buying D.VA's Game on emote or save it for the Halloween event? (PS I need more loot)

1 hour ago, Bunny Hop! said:

Exe helps. I got 1000 Credits do I chance buying D.VA's Game on emote or save it for the Halloween event? (PS I need more loot)

Ah save it for the Halloween, you can save up again to get the game on emote anytime, the Halloween event comes around once a year, see if there's anything on that first. 

2 hours ago, Exelior said:

Ah save it for the Halloween, you can save up again to get the game on emote anytime, the Halloween event comes around once a year, see if there's anything on that first. 

I do want Witch Mercy.
Some heroes have special voicelines that have been datamined. FOr example D.VA has "Jal ga!" I've heard this before when she gets a melee kill. If you check the Overwatch wiki, you can find the ones that haven't been assigned to a list. Have you heard any?

1 hour ago, TheWaffleKing said:

I haven't touched this since last year. What has changed?

We're up to 25 heroes. Sombra, Orisa, Ana and DOomfist are all new. We've got new maps, Horizon Lunar COlony, Junkertown and Oasis. ALl the heroes are changed

Here's my Halloween spending so far
Take a Load off emote = 250
RIP Victory pose = 75 
Halloween 2017 VL = 75
"You done" VL = 25
Trick or Treat spray = 75. Also:
Mei Emote: 750
Demon Hanzo = 250
Tomstone Bastion = 250
D.VA's two voicelines :100
D,VA Trick or Treat spray : 25. 

(i'll be posting a spreadsheet with my ulocks progress)

The legendary's i've gotten so far this Halloween:

Zenyatta cultist -  oh cool, I sometimes use this guy, and this skin is pretty sweet

Symmetra summoner - I mean... The skin is cool... But I don't play her much

Zarya totally 80's - ... What the hell is this thing? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well the OW League teams have been announced. Very sad and dissapointed in Blizzard, only having one EU team where Los Angeles gets two teams 

Los Angeles Gladiators

Florida Mayhem

Philadelphia Fusion

London Spitfire

Houston Outlaws

New York Excelsior

Seoul Dynasty

Boston Uprising

Los Angeles Valiant

San Francisco Shock

Dallas Fuel

Shanghai Dragons

Personally, I want to see; Bristol, Sydney, Dublin, Brisbane, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Madrid, Sweden, Russia, Japan all get a team in (Mainly cause I could play for one of them and a friend for another) This league is unfairly biased towards the Americans. My predictions for a win: Shangai Dragons, Seoul Dynasty and London Spitfires (They signed the 3rd ranked team from the last league) 

Well, all I can say is; Chocks away Spitfires, onward to Victory. 

1 minute ago, Lady Mechanika said:

Moira is just :wub:. I can't wait to play her. 

I love the idea of fielding an entirely Talon team: Reaper and Sombra, Doomfist, Widow and Moira. Just need an evil, Talon tank now.

And want Wids new skin. It's beautiful.  

Me too. I'm sad that D.VA didn't get one (She's probably gonna get spoiled at Christmas though) 

I really want Torb's new one from the  blizzard drop too

Currently running 2-1 in my Placements... I've done a lot of Mercy so far.

Had a great time on Oasis, playing with a team consisting of Hanzo, Genji, me, Zarya, Tracer and Pharah. I got caught well out of alignment by a McCree. Next thing I know the Genji's in there, Zarya's got me with a bubble and Pharah's overhead to give me a Guardian Angel escape.

Sometimes you do get shit teams but other times you get a team that has such great synergy you have a smile. We won that match without them getting a foot on either point. We'd done something identical on the previous round on Ilios .

Things I learned: Genc, Mercio and Mercy/Ana are great combos to pull

Edit : Placed at 1917 SR. After 6 matches I'm on 2043SR

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.