Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Noticeboard
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

2024 Announcements Thread

• Administrator

@Board Moderator  @Community Leader  @Gold Member  @Platinum Member @Silver Member  @Bronze Member

Happy Valentine's Day folks!

It’s traditionally seen as a day of celebrating with the people you love and like and I know that’s not feasible for everyone for various reasons. Whether you’re single or hitched, please know you are loved and that you matter. I obviously can’t speak for everyone, but I do love our little community here and the support you’ve shown throughout the years.

Over the past few months, I’ve thought a lot about death thanks to the battle my aunt was having with cancer. There were certainly a few low moments where those dark thoughts really take hold of the mind and question my own self-worth. I was definitely left with this hollow feeling for quite some time, but a great weight has since been lifted. It makes me realize you gotta appreciate what you have while you have it. Enjoy it while you can.

I’ve been the administrator of this community for almost a decade now. There have been plenty of ups and downs over the years, but one thing has remained consistent – a small but loyal community. I love you all very dearly and I think you for the support you’ve shown me. I don’t think I’ve been the easiest person to get along with at times, but I hope we continue our adventures together on this path called life. To celebrate ten years of chaos, I am currently in the early brainstorming process of pulling together a ten-year anniversary ebook

I hope you have a good day and celebrate this ‘day of affection’ with people who matter to you whether they’re a partner, friend or family (or even your pets!).

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

7th of April, 2024

This is not the post I want to make, but 2024 might (nothing official yet!) be the final year the forum runs. 

I'm certainly not looking for any sympathy - I figure it's best to be honest about everything. Everything that has happened has been my fault.

I haven’t failed to notice the declining interest in keeping this place alive after so many years - events don’t gather much interest anymore as people are often too busy with other stuff far more important and it’s selfish of me to expect people to make a bit of time to check this place out and help keep it running. Most of us don’t even actively write anymore and this place was originally started because of a shared love for writing. I am still interested in keeping roleplays afloat should this forum permanently go down. 

The forum means the world to me and the community of people we have. A lot of you have been at my side for almost a decade or more and I’ve cherished all those moments together. But sometimes the things you love have to be let go. It’s been a blast, but I don’t want to seem like a needy control freak and expect people to love this place as much as I do. I can't keep lying to myself that people care about this community.

As for Discord - this is our primary means of communication and has been for awhile now. I do intend to part ways with Discord and delete my current account - there’s too much baggage attached with too many different servers and people throughout the years that recognize my username. 

I will still be on Discord though under my new account for those of you who still want to have one on one conversations with me. Send me a message here or over on Discord and I’ll share.

• Administrator

10th of April 2024

So, I’ve spent the past few days discussing the forum “cancellation” with some folks and there’s something we all agree on - it wouldn’t be the wisest choice.

I am not going to lie - it can be very depressing pouring a few hundred dollars a year into keeping this place running. Over the past decade, I have spent several thousand dollars trying to create a community and seeing low activity can be a bit heartbreaking.

That being said, I’ve been reminded of how much history this place has - over the decade, we’ve had a lot of advice and stories shared and it would be a shame to lose all that because of my own sadness. I realize now it would be pretty darn selfish of me to shut all that down (didn’t come to mind a few days ago). Also, although the possibility of cancelling the forum has played in my mind, I don’t think I could ever really close the door on something that’s been a part of my life (and several others) for a long time. It brought us all together and I’ve had the pleasure of seeing some of you in person - none of that would’ve happened if not for this forum.

I’m happy to keep pumping money into this place. I am hoping the big layout changes (coming sometime this year) will make this place more accessible on mobile phone. I will share screenshots of the future over the next month. 

As for Discord, I intend to return at some point in time under my new account. There are a few things I need to resolve before I can think about returning. 

@Board Moderator   @Community Leader  @Platinum Member @Gold Member  @Silver Member  @Bronze Member