Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Music
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Covers

AquilaTempestas

What a great idea for a thread. Right up my street, as I musicwise I live almost exclusively in the 70s and 80s.

My offering is tears for fears "everybody wants to rule the world"

And the cover by Lorde

I actually think Lorde's version is better and her haunting vocals fit the lyrics better.

And "all along the watchtower"

Original by Bob Dylan: (had to change the video - it said it wasn't available on my end - Aquila)

Covered less than a year later by Jimi Hendrix. (In my opinion, the best version ever)

But this version by Bear McCreary for Battlestar Galactica is amazing too.

• Administrator

@Jacob - I like the Jimmy Hendrix and Lorde versions better too. 

Original - Michael Jackson. Absolutely mesmerizing performance for a great song! I love how passionate this performance is - just amazing

Cover - Shaman's Harvest. Pretty hard to do a Michael Jackson copy, but I think this band did it justice. Nathan Hunt's vocals are just so stellar and raw. I love it.

Edited by Lucifer (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2016 at 5:39 AM, Soreina_Hiwatari001 said:

Cover - This Will Be The Day by Kyoumi (Video Graphics by CDanielART)

Oh, Kyoumi? Her cover of Unravel is one of my favourites and the first that I listened to!

This is one of those songs I didn't like at first, but slowly it grew on me:

And I've just found this sweet cover of it by Halestorm:

Original Song - Time to Say Goodbye by Jeff Williams (feat. Casey Lee Williams) (gawd, I am obsessed.)

Cover - Time to Say Goodbye by Caleb Hyles. Ok first, I admit I only clicked the video for the beard. :lol: And after the song started, I was like "meh..." BUT, when the second verse came, I was blown away from his voice. Holy shit, this guy's voice is fucking amazing:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite cover is "In Bloom," by an American singer named Sturgill Simpson. The original is, of course, by Nirvana. 

He also does a great cover of that old When In Rome song, "The Promise." 

I also am obsessed with the Struts cover of "I Always Knew," originally by the Vaccines. 

I wanted to post videos, but my tablet crashes when there are too many videos on screen. But these covers are amazing.