Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Assassin's Creed Mirage

• Administrator

Some news at last!

Direct from Ubi's Facebook page:

Assassin's Creed Mirage is the next Assassin's Creed game.
We can't wait to tell you more on September 11 at Ubisoft Forward: 5AM AEST

This one is set in the Middle East.

CKK5rSTLhH2nVqN2m68XK3.jpg

• Administrator

So we have the journey of Basim and if you played Valhalla you'll know who his identity is 

Spoiler

LOKI in Valhalla though not sure if Loki is still hiding out in Basim

Looks interesting though and it's set in the Middle East. Pretty cool! Looks to return to the roots of AC as well. 

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator
On 5/25/2023 at 10:17 AM, VectorLogic said:

Welp, we have an official (possibly tentative) release date. October 22nd, 2023. Courtesy of the Playstation Showcase,

Exciting times! Gameplay trailer kinda reminds me of the early AC days

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Playtime for completions is between 25-30 hours. This is much shorter than previous games (Odyssey was around 40 hours and Valhalla was 60 - and this was without the DLCs).

Mirage is also a prequel to Valhalla. I’m keen to play and it’s nice it’s a shorter game for a change - something that won’t take months to finish when you have limited time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing this right now and it's a nice return back to older AC.

The parkour and crowd blending are pure unity. It's a more streamlined game with a lot of the rpg bloat cut out. I gave up on Valhalla completely

I will say that Basim is not built for combat. There is no combat tree at all.  Hes a through and through assassin. Its taken me a few hours to get used to him.  Tbh I do find him a little dull but I'm going to give him more time.  

Master Assassin Roshan is a queen. I love her and her 50 cigarettes a day smokers voice. 

• Administrator

The game is all right. Basim seems cool. It's a definite return to the old stealthy roots of AC but not one I can really get behind as I really enjoyed Odyssey and Valhalla.

The music is beautiful though and I want a remastered version of the first game that started it all (and Black Flag with updated mechanics and more of Edward being an actual assassin). 

I liked Origins and Odyssey but was meh on Valhalla. It just wasn't for me. 

I'm coming into the end game stages of Mirage. I have the head of the order to track down and I have strong suspicions as to who it is. I think it's very obvious after you assassinate the Treasurer. 

I am finding the side characters/order members bar Roshan and maybe Fuladh very flimsy and underwritten. They make very little impact aside from being that guy that fixes your gear or that person that needs to die for reasons. 

Music is gorgeous as always. 

In my opinion, Edward is a pirate before he's an assassin. So I'm ok with his minimal approach to stealth. I think it fits cannonically.

Aaaaaand finished. Its short. Very short compared to other entries. But it really picks up towards the end. You can see how Basim turns into the Valhalla Basim. 

I have many opinions. The female characters are real stand outs. I'd like a Roshan dlc or more to do with her. I know she gets a tie in novel sometime next year. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.