Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Anime/Manga and Cartoons
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 6:09 PM, Blue rose said:

By the way, guys, do you know in hindi dubbed version of this anime, kenny's gender has been transferred into a girl? :P

WHAAAAAAT?! NO, SO ABSOLUTELY NOT. I WATCHED THE HINDI DUB FOR SEASON 1. KENNY WAS A BOY. HE WAS A BOY, I REMEMBER KENNY WAS A BOY! Don't scare me like that Misty. :o

Characters I don't like have to be - Dunga, Cannon Hilary. Can't remember atm.

A bit of a surprise coming from an avid TyHil fan but tbh, in cannon Hilary was there more for the obligatory 'we HAVE to have a female character in the hero side' reason than for any other reason and she was somewhat er...unlikable in the second season. Unnecessarily hot headed, somewhat uncooperative and always had something to complain about. The character of Hilary shows no personal growth during the whole season, she's just a supporting role who stops at that. It's not that I hate Hilary's character I just don't like the way she's been portrayed in cannon. Most fanfics however have assigned an excellently well developed personality to Hilary and that's the Hilary I like, the AU one. 

TyHil's another issue, and here too I'll like to mention that I hooked on to this pairing more because of what I read on FFN and what my own mind conjured, not the hints they threw at cannon. 

• Administrator
On 10/6/2016 at 3:09 PM, Blue rose said:

guys,did you notice a thing? those whose names start with "b" are such a b******! although Bryan and Brooklyn are less evil than boris and barthez :P

Clearly the writers have something against people whose names start with 'B' haha

On 10/6/2016 at 10:09 AM, Blue rose said:

guys,did you notice a thing? those whose names start with "b" are such a b******! although Bryan and Brooklyn are less evil than boris and barthez :P

Well now that this has been put on the table, yea. I mean, Brooklyn, Bryan, Boris, Barthez (oh jeez that voice xD makes me wanna run over towards him and crack his skull with a good ol' cartoon mallet)  they're all pretty towards the dark side.

You know now that I'm reading this thread over and over again, I am feeling completely convinced to watch Beyblade all over again, plus I think since I've started reading manga (thanks to pyro and Noni) I think it is safe to say that I am now officially on the lookout for some of traits and observations mentioned in this thread, as well as add some of my own observations.

Starting with this: If Kai Hiwatari's voice actor would not have been David Reale, then I am completely convinced that either Matt Hill or Samuel Vincent would have been his voice actors, and not on the bases or the bias that the latter people voice Edd and Ed respectively, but actually, Sam Vincent's actual voice could be a perfect fit for Kai in his late 20s or 30s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MasKaiHilFantic said:

I heard that there was going to be a new Beyblade manga, featuring the original cast, whatever happened to what idea?

The second chapter is already out. 

They revealed Max had a baby sister and by God....she's adorable! :'D 

47 minutes ago, Indigo Jupiter said:

The second chapter is already out. 

They revealed Max had a baby sister and by God....she's adorable! :'D 

I've just read Volume 12 of the new Beyblade series, they're introducing these new Heavy Metal beyblades which is quite a nice change, plus I'm beginning to like the coach who honed these powers, looking forward in reading volume 13 this is the one with Max's baby sister, right?

1 hour ago, Blue rose said:

oh, I love mariah's new dress up. But I am waiting for Hilary. :P 

Mariah looks cute! 

But sadly.....i don't think Hilary will come. For she never existed in manga, only in anime. Same is the case with the BEGA. I doubt very much she would come in this one.......but one can still hope :S 

1 hour ago, Blue rose said:

oh, I love mariah's new dress up. But I am waiting for Hilary. :P 

Hell yeah she looks sweet *w*

10 minutes ago, Indigo Jupiter said:

Mariah looks cute! 

But sadly.....i don't think Hilary will come. For she never existed in manga, only in anime. Same is the case with the BEGA. I doubt very much she would come in this one.......but one can still hope :S 

iI agree 100% with you, but I was really looking forward to her beating up Daichi, oh well hehe ^_^ and I think it is a better move that they omit her, because her appearance would only fire up the shipping wars even further, people complaining about she being paired up with Kai or Tyson or such. So I think it is better for the readers to have that "touchy" topic at bay. 

35 minutes ago, MasKaiHilFantic said:

Hell yeah she looks sweet *w*

iI agree 100% with you, but I was really looking forward to her beating up Daichi, oh well hehe ^_^ and I think it is a better move that they omit her, because her appearance would only fire up the shipping wars even further, people complaining about she being paired up with Kai or Tyson or such. So I think it is better for the readers to have that "touchy" topic at bay. 

Nonsense!.....who cares about shipping wars? they would always exist regardless of constantly reminding that it is a shounen anime.

I would have love to see Hilary more involved and not just restricted to keeping everyone in the team in line. Perhaps build beyblade like Madoka does or even better, get indulged in the sport itself. She had so much potential.  

22 minutes ago, Indigo Jupiter said:

Nonsense!.....who cares about shipping wars? they would always exist regardless of constantly reminding that it is a shounen anime.

I would have love to see Hilary more involved and not just restricted to keeping everyone in the team in line. Perhaps build beyblade like Madoka does or even better, get indulged in the sport itself. She had so much potential.  

Yup you got that right

9 minutes ago, Indigo Jupiter said:

Don't know. Right now, they are rooting for the battle between Kai and Tyson. 

Oh no not again, I hope Kai wins this one but there is a a sick feeling that Tyson's going to win again *sigh*

• Administrator

I think a lot of people tend to underestimate Tyson. He's not stupid. Far from it. He just expresses that in a different way. He likes having fun, and he's the sort of guy I would love to have on my side as a real life best friend.

Don't get me wrong - Kai is a good blader, but he wasn't naturally a good blader. He was honed into becoming a good blader with the biovolt stuff. Tyson was naturally gifted and needed help to hone those skills. Max and Rei are also good bladers, but they will never be quite as good as Tyson.

Tyson wears his heart on his sleeve. And sometimes that may make him look stupid/oversensitive. I really can't stand character bashing - at the end of the day, it is just a anime.

• 2 weeks later...

Ookay so I read the manga and first here are my views on characters

Tyson's appearance does not change that much, which is a good move.

Kai's appearance is probably the best right now - making that jacket form half sleeved to a full sleeved one adds another level to his cold shoulder giving demeanor.

I truly dig Daichi's new look, turning those wristbands into full armbands amilpfies his toughness.

Now for thr bad:

First off Max, besides the head size, ge looks a bit, too young now. In G Rev he looked like 17 or 18 now he looks downright 14 or 15

And Ray went through some appearance changes, which are definitely not for the better. Don't know about you but is it me, or does he look much ,"weaker"? In the previous editions of the series, he looked real buff, and had these major biceps and triceps. Now he looks anorexic... His muscles ar now gone. But then again this is my view, and I have no problem with you agreeing or disagreeing or correcting my views.

22 hours ago, MasKaiHilFantic said:

Ookay so I read the manga and first here are my views on characters

Tyson's appearance does not change that much, which is a good move.

Kai's appearance is probably the best right now - making that jacket form half sleeved to a full sleeved one adds another level to his cold shoulder giving demeanor.

I truly dig Daichi's new look, turning those wristbands into full armbands amilpfies his toughness.

Now for thr bad:

First off Max, besides the head size, ge looks a bit, too young now. In G Rev he looked like 17 or 18 now he looks downright 14 or 15

And Ray went through some appearance changes, which are definitely not for the better. Don't know about you but is it me, or does he look much ,"weaker"? In the previous editions of the series, he looked real buff, and had these major biceps and triceps. Now he looks anorexic... His muscles ar now gone. But then again this is my view, and I have no problem with you agreeing or disagreeing or correcting my views.

Since this has been quite some time since Takao has probably drawn the characters, there are bound to be changes. It's the same for the Characters of D.Gray-Man (The Mangaka has been quite ill and gone through several hiatuses). A new series and relatively new clothing for the characters is probably expected. It even looks like Ray has had some kind of a hair change.

With things like muscle structure and toning of Ray's body as you probably know these mangas take a while to draw and their are deadlines to follow and to draw every muscle line takes time. Attention to detail can suffer through numerous things like the afore mentioned deadlines...we all know the pain of deadlines, right? The Muscles are still there, just not drawn is what I'm saying.

With Max's appearance different in Grev to the Manga, that was drawn in a Studio by more than one individual. I don't consider the manga and anime to be in the same "universe" so to speak. They don't follow each other, if they did I guess Max's rough age to be about 14 (Consider Rising's character ages to be like they were in VForce or something like that). By not following each other characters would have appeared in the first season, yet their appearance were relegated to a later season and some characters were totally omitted completely from the anime. Also the  Zeo arc  would have been probably more different. (I'm not saying here due to my strict standards of what I consider spoilers).

• Administrator

Don't view these spoilers if you can't handle extremely good-looking male anime characters. 

I'm warning you. Think about this carefully before viewing this spoiler.

@chocolatexloverx16

119930.jpg

Isn't he amazing? God, I love him. 

1 hour ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Don't view these spoilers if you can't handle extremely good-looking male anime characters. 

I'm warning you. Think about this carefully before viewing this spoiler.

@chocolatexloverx16

Hide contents

119930.jpg

Isn't he amazing? God, I love him. 

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA