Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Stardew Valley

1 minute ago, AquilaTempestas said:

You black out for three reasons:

- not getting back in time

- no health

- no stamina

Guess I'm just used to staying up until 4:30 am like in Harvest Moon :lol: I remember in one of the HM games, if you stay up and interact with a doghouse at exactly 3:33 am you unlock a little mini game 

Guess if I wanna mine, I should go earlier in the day if time passes inside it like it seems to

16 minutes ago, Nocturna said:

Yeah, I've been using the training pole to raise my skill. I perch out on the beach to fish, then run in to the shop and sell fish barring a few I keep for some town people. I'm focusing on befriending four villagers right now but it's slow because schedules are all online and one of them only seems to leave his room to smoke and play pool. 

Foraging + fishing is my main income whilst crops grow, I've dabbled in the mine but lost track of time and got back barely in time to avoid that weird black out thing I got charged for despite having stamina. 

Ugh, yeah the curfew is a bit of a balls. But I suppose, because that's how they save, they have to enforce it. So yeah, if you're not in your house by 2 am regardless of stamina, you're gonna black out and get charged money by the "super helpful neighbours". Clearly the villagers play loads of RPGS and just think it's normal to loot a comatose body - sorry charge doctor fees. It's even weirder when you're on your own land, literally at your front door and they couldn't even nudge you over the threshold, gotta take you to the hospital and steal your hard earned monies.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Nocturna said:

Guess I'm just used to staying up until 4:30 am like in Harvest Moon :lol: I remember in one of the HM games, if you stay up and interact with a doghouse at exactly 3:33 am you unlock a little mini game 

Guess if I wanna mine, I should go earlier in the day if time passes inside it like it seems to

You typically mine on wet days or in winter.

1 hour ago, Zadien said:

Ugh, yeah the curfew is a bit of a balls. But I suppose, because that's how they save, they have to enforce it. So yeah, if you're not in your house by 2 am regardless of stamina, you're gonna black out and get charged money by the "super helpful neighbours". Clearly the villagers play loads of RPGS and just think it's normal to loot a comatose body - sorry charge doctor fees. It's even weirder when you're on your own land, literally at your front door and they couldn't even nudge you over the threshold, gotta take you to the hospital and steal your hard earned monies.

Yeah I passed out on my beach farm when I had decided I was done fishing and was just about to go back inside lol 

As long as the doctor fees don't end up as bad as in Rune Factory. There's two doctors, one charges you and the fee scales by your level so you can lose anything past 10000 gold lol so I always save before fights then soft reset to avoid being charged. Soft reset doesn't seem an option with Stardew so I'll just have to be careful

I only got charged 77 when I blanked, so hoping it doesn't increase with knock outs. 

6 minutes ago, Nocturna said:

Yeah I passed out on my beach farm when I had decided I was done fishing and was just about to go back inside lol 

As long as the doctor fees don't end up as bad as in Rune Factory. There's two doctors, one charges you and the fee scales by your level so you can lose anything past 10000 gold lol so I always save before fights then soft reset to avoid being charged. Soft reset doesn't seem an option with Stardew so I'll just have to be careful

I only got charged 77 when I blanked, so hoping it doesn't increase with knock outs. 

Yeah be very careful because I know when I blanked out in the mines once, I lost a really valuable sword and couldn't get it back. I was so annoyed with myself. So yeah, either keep track of time and your health & stamina, or if you think you won't make it, have a chest outside the mine/beach or whereever you are, store your valuable stuff there and then try to make it to your house on time. That way if you don't make it, they can't rob you of your really good stuff!

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2021 at 11:59 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

So I noticed you play Stardew Valley as well @Kage

I haven't actually played in awhile. Oddly, I seem to play it a lot around Christmas.

I play it every now and then! It's a very christmasy cozy game so I get that. I love the spring season and the summer season, the music is just absolutely fantastic. I'm about to play some more later tonight actually. 

• Administrator
On 12/3/2021 at 12:09 AM, Kage said:

I play it every now and then! It's a very christmasy cozy game so I get that. I love the spring season and the summer season, the music is just absolutely fantastic. I'm about to play some more later tonight actually. 

It's highly addictive too!  Spring and autumn are my favourites. I hate the winter months though - ugh. Fishing.

• 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.