Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Archived
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

New World Order: The Beginning [ARC 1]

• Administrator

"But you still touched it though. The amulet reacts to your touch."

He gives you a suspicious look.

"There's something off about you... Or there's something about that amulet."

Gary frowns. "Since when did you believe in magic, Lance?"

"I've always been a believer in paranormal forces, Gary. You just never listened." Lance looks at the amulet again.

"But then we could argue there's something about you as well. You got burned. I didn't. Maybe you're the weird one."

Lance glares. "If you two paid attention to your classes, you would've heard about magical stones. Old artifacts that were said to contain magical powers."

• Administrator

"Yeah, it's not. It's like it's alive or something. Or it's reacting to something in you," Lance remarks. "You really should talk to your grandmother. Don't even bother working tonight. The lights will just go out anyway."

Gary nods. "He's right. You shouldn't work tonight. We can hold down the fort."

• Administrator

"Right."

Gary looks at Lance.

"You should go with her. It's dark right now and those lads might come back. I have to look after the store, but you have nothing to do. Besides. You got burned. Carolina will probably want to look at that. Call me when you get home, yeah?"

Lance nods. "Of course."

• Administrator

Lance heads towards his red car parked under a tree.

He gets inside and waits for you. Once you're in, he starts up the car and drives towards your place.

Fortunately, it's not that far of a drive.

"Let's hope this is nothing too serious."

• Administrator

He shrugs.

"I don't know," he says, looking down at his hand. You can see his hand is slightly red, but most of the damage has healed. "I guess that amulet is made out of something that doesn't agree with me."

He follows you to your door. Carolina has already heard you coming and opens the door. She smiles at you both.

• Administrator

Lance enters and says his greetings. 

You notice there's a new plant in the room sitting in a small pot in the middle of the living room table. It's bright purple. 

"It's called wolfsbane," Carolina says, as if noticing you were looking. Lance eyes the plant warily. "You look troubled. Something on your mind?" 

• Administrator

Carolina looks at it then at you. 

Lance takes a seat to your right.

"It's a magical amulet passed down from our ancestors. It protects the wearer from danger. It glows if there is a threat nearby. It can also be used to strengthen your own magic." 

• Administrator

Her gaze lingers on him for several moments.

"Magic exists. You need to be made aware of this. It is a very real threat and you are walkinng to threat.." 

"That doesn't explain what I am."

"Sensitive skin." 

• Administrator

"Your a witch, Cynthia. So am I," Carolina says. "Have you ever wondered why luck seems to be on your side? Like you have a sixth sense. Our ancestors died on the battlefield. They were put to death because of their magic."

• Administrator

"Because you never learned to harness it."

She places a hand on the pot plant. Within moments it catches on fire. She pulls hen hand away and the flames die out

"Magic has always existed. Magic was born here in Sinnnoh."

• Administrator

"Because this world doesn't like witches. There are people out there who do not like witches. For your own safety, I did not tell you. Your mother didn't even know. But now is the time to know."

• AquilaTempestas changed the title to New World Order: The Beginning [ARC 1]