Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Pokemon Black and White 2

• Administrator

So. Sad to see no topic has been made for this.

I personally think Black and White 2 are the best titles available on the DS/3DS.

Things I liked:

• I love Ghetsis. I think he's cool.
  • Team Plasma had interesting ideas regarding the so-called slavery of Pokemon
  • Black Forest and White Tower post game gave us something to do
  • Challenge Mode was awesome though I wish this was an option from the beginning of the game instead of having to earn it (or trade with someone)
  • I actually liked Hugh, your rival

6 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

So. Sad to see no topic has been made for this.

I personally think Black and White 2 are the best titles available on the DS/3DS.

Things I liked:

• I love Ghetsis. I think he's cool.
  • Team Plasma had interesting ideas regarding the so-called slavery of Pokemon
  • Black Forest and White Tower post game gave us something to do
  • Challenge Mode was awesome though I wish this was an option from the beginning of the game instead of having to earn it (or trade with someone)
  • I actually liked Hugh, your rival

I actually really loved Black 2 and White 2! 

I owned Black 2, since I played Black. I loved the features, like the challenge tower, and the variety of Pokémon you could find, and Pokéstar Studios was definitely one of my favorites to do! Being a movie star was great.... when I understood what I had to do and didn’t fail in my movie, at least, lol. 

The story was also great, and to see Cheren and Bianca as a little older and to see several connections to the past game really just set it for me. 

And also... what was that place again? That biiiig area in between Castelia and Nimbasa City, that was like a huge hall that you could customize and had shops? Yeah, that place was pretty cool too. 

The features in that game were amazing, honestly. Especially since Black had already been one of my favorites, and they really expanded upon in it! 

• Administrator

@Hikari Agreed. Oh yeah the mall thing was really cool. Wish they would bring that back.

I think my most memorable play through was taking my dragon team (Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence, Hydreigon, Kingdra and Haxorus) through Black 2 challenge mode. I really struggled early on but my late destroyed everyone. So good.

Pokémon Black and White 2, with challenge mode and memory link unlocked, were without a doubt my most favorite games in the series. I really liked the lore, characters, and content. Not to mention the difficulty was pretty good. The craziest thing was a Fire Emblem themed Nuzlocke on Challenge Mode. I won, but I lost 30 Pokémon in the process... Idoun was the star of the team as a Hydregion. Considering her role in her own game and the role that Pokémon plays in the series, it's a beautiful case of poetic justice....

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, Hikari said:

I actually really loved Black 2 and White 2! 

I owned Black 2, since I played Black. I loved the features, like the challenge tower, and the variety of Pokémon you could find, and Pokéstar Studios was definitely one of my favorites to do! Being a movie star was great.... when I understood what I had to do and didn’t fail in my movie, at least, lol. 

The story was also great, and to see Cheren and Bianca as a little older and to see several connections to the past game really just set it for me. 

And also... what was that place again? That biiiig area in between Castelia and Nimbasa City, that was like a huge hall that you could customize and had shops? Yeah, that place was pretty cool too. 

The features in that game were amazing, honestly. Especially since Black had already been one of my favorites, and they really expanded upon in it! 

Played Black 2 again recently and yeah, still love it! Pokéstar Studios is still kinda hard though lol but even that is an interesting challenge!

Honestly, I like that this game has so much more replayability compared to Black and White. In Black and White, there was only the Battle Subways and the Musicals (and the musicals kinda suck compared to Contests in Gen 4…) but B2W2 added Pokéstar Studios, Join Avenue, Pokémon World Tournament… all of which are really fun and interesting and cool! Oh, and yeah, the Black and White Tower is so fun and a really great challenge! This game just has so much cool content.

I also do like that they encourage you to interact with people who have the opposite game as you, though it’s hard to do that when you don’t have a lot of friends or people around you that play Pokémon haha… especially if the couple of people that do actually play Pokémon end up having the same version as you—

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Hikari said:

Played Black 2 again recently and yeah, still love it! Pokéstar Studios is still kinda hard though lol but even that is an interesting challenge!

Honestly, I like that this game has so much more replayability compared to Black and White. In Black and White, there was only the Battle Subways and the Musicals (and the musicals kinda suck compared to Contests in Gen 4…) but B2W2 added Pokéstar Studios, Join Avenue, Pokémon World Tournament… all of which are really fun and interesting and cool! Oh, and yeah, the Black and White Tower is so fun and a really great challenge! This game just has so much cool content.

I also do like that they encourage you to interact with people who have the opposite game as you, though it’s hard to do that when you don’t have a lot of friends or people around you that play Pokémon haha… especially if the couple of people that do actually play Pokémon end up having the same version as you—

I wish challenge mode was an option from the beginning. It was a tough challenge too - I had my team of baby dragons and the first quarter of the game was tough!

But yeah, I really hope for a Black and White 2 remake for the Switch at some point in time. Ghetsis is such a great villain. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.