Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Kage

Like me, you might be into Divinity: Original Sin 2, or as I'm calling it from now on, DOS2. It's an RPG developed and published by Larian studios.

Famous for it's incredible roleplaying, seamless character class customisation, big world with hundreds of quests and addictive turn based combat.

Anyone else here playing this absolute gem of a game is welcome to discuss it here! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone is enjoying Definitive Edition! I am, and it gave me a great reason to ditch my old character, a Human Battlemage, to instead play as a Dwarf Rogue (Much more exciting!!). 

• 2 months later...

@AquilaTempestas @Lightningblade49 @Shizophrenia @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @onewiththewheels @Fay Have y'all tried this game?? I think that this would be the PERFECT Taz game. It's got seamless 4-player drop in multiplayer over steam. Not to mention that in single player it's still probably the best RPG I ever played.

13 minutes ago, Kage said:

@AquilaTempestas @Lightningblade49 @Shizophrenia @Sakura Alexia @VectorLogic @onewiththewheels @Fay Have y'all tried this game?? I think that this would be the PERFECT Taz game. It's got seamless 4-player drop in multiplayer over steam. Not to mention that in single player it's still probably the best RPG I ever played.

I’ve heard about this game but I never really paid attention to it. Don’t know anything about it. 

20 minutes ago, Fay said:

I am. I’m a Final Fantasy/Square Enix kind of girl. I don’t play many rpgs if it’s not by them. 

Ah I love final fantasy. I used to play the DS remake of FFIII back in the DS days. Well, Divinity let's you control a party of four characters who can interact with each other in many ways. There are unique dialogues, and I even ended up having a romance between two male characters in my party which I was really impressed by since sexuality has been a taboo even in gaming up until now. 

It's got turn based combat, with a healthy amount of different skills and like eight different magic types. I think you'd love this game. It's like 35 bucks on G2a atm, I bought it for full price and I don't regret it. And I rarely spend over 15 bucks on games, haha!

EDIT: Ign review here. Check out the mechanics!

4 hours ago, Kage said:

I believe it's for Pc, Xbox One and PS4!

Doesn't look like I'll be able to play it then. My PC has trouble running games a lot of the time, and I don't own any of the other systems. I love to learn more about it, though.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, Kage said:

Maybe when I have my new PC not this piece of shit I am currently using.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

So I'm thinking of getting this on PS4. I've been reading about the game and it seems a lot better than the first one.

How are you finding it in comparison to the first game @Kage?

@Lightningblade49 You can get the game on PS4. It's currently discounted to $68 dollars at EBGames.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 10:14 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

I haven't played in awhile. I'm running 2 battle mages, 1 ranger and a tank.

What are you running?

@Kage

Oh I'm so happy I have someone to talk about this game with now!!! I haven't honestly played any other game in the series. I got it because a friend was pestering me about it and it turned out to be in my top 5 games of all time. 

I'm running a pretty cool party currently at Level 9, lemme describe them here:

So my main character, the one I created myself is Cynthine, a human Knight focusing Warfare and Necromancy along with some Pyrokinetics so I can use Haste/Clear Minded to buff myself a great deal. I'm currently using a two-handed sword which was ridiculously op at the time I found it and still is to a certain degree. 

Then I have Ifan Ben-Mezd, a favourite of mine ever since I found out that my main male character in another game save could romance him and that was just beautiful. Ifan is my Ranger, I have all the good low-level Huntsman skills for him and also some hydrosophist for healing/AoE effects. 

Third is Fane, another great character. I'm running a dual wand Pyrokinetics/Geomancer build for the best AoE damage along with a good few Polymorph skills to alter him and make him more mobile and also give him the Medusa Head stuff so I can petrify opponents.

Last guy is Beast who I recently respecced to a Rogue character with Rogue/Hydrosophist skills. I'm still not entirely satisfied with his build but I'm planning on a few changes to give him some more warfare and buff skills. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 1/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, Kage said:

Oh I'm so happy I have someone to talk about this game with now!!! I haven't honestly played any other game in the series. I got it because a friend was pestering me about it and it turned out to be in my top 5 games of all time. 

I'm running a pretty cool party currently at Level 9, lemme describe them here:

So my main character, the one I created myself is Cynthine, a human Knight focusing Warfare and Necromancy along with some Pyrokinetics so I can use Haste/Clear Minded to buff myself a great deal. I'm currently using a two-handed sword which was ridiculously op at the time I found it and still is to a certain degree. 

Then I have Ifan Ben-Mezd, a favourite of mine ever since I found out that my main male character in another game save could romance him and that was just beautiful. Ifan is my Ranger, I have all the good low-level Huntsman skills for him and also some hydrosophist for healing/AoE effects. 

Third is Fane, another great character. I'm running a dual wand Pyrokinetics/Geomancer build for the best AoE damage along with a good few Polymorph skills to alter him and make him more mobile and also give him the Medusa Head stuff so I can petrify opponents.

Last guy is Beast who I recently respecced to a Rogue character with Rogue/Hydrosophist skills. I'm still not entirely satisfied with his build but I'm planning on a few changes to give him some more warfare and buff skills. 

I played the first one because it was on sale and it seemed fun, but I didn't like it. That being said, Divnity 2 was apparently so much better so I took a risk and bought it and I'm glad I did. It's a good game. It's definitely difficult and I kinda feel I screwed my class choices over though ugh. Ifan is great. He's literally been responsible for winning most of my team fights with those crits on the crossbow lol. My character is an OC too and she's a healer but also a tank. Then I have the Red Prince for tanking duties. I also have the demon woman because I needed another healer. I kinda wish I was a bow user as well. Those crits are nice.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2019 at 11:00 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

I played the first one because it was on sale and it seemed fun, but I didn't like it. That being said, Divnity 2 was apparently so much better so I took a risk and bought it and I'm glad I did. It's a good game. It's definitely difficult and I kinda feel I screwed my class choices over though ugh. Ifan is great. He's literally been responsible for winning most of my team fights with those crits on the crossbow lol. My character is an OC too and she's a healer but also a tank. Then I have the Red Prince for tanking duties. I also have the demon woman because I needed another healer. I kinda wish I was a bow user as well. Those crits are nice.

Ifan is bloody great. My old character, a male battlemage, even had a romance with him which I think is really cool. I gotta say, Ifan, Fane and Red Prince are three wonderful characters!

I'm actually pretty bothered though because I can't get Ifan to survive most of the time. For some reason, every enemy seems to target him all the time. I got the taunt skill for my OC knight know though so hopefully that should solve some problems. 

Would you want to play a two player lone wolf campaign sometime?

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Kage said:

Ifan is bloody great. My old character, a male battlemage, even had a romance with him which I think is really cool. I gotta say, Ifan, Fane and Red Prince are three wonderful characters!

I'm actually pretty bothered though because I can't get Ifan to survive most of the time. For some reason, every enemy seems to target him all the time. I got the taunt skill for my OC knight know though so hopefully that should solve some problems. 

Would you want to play a two player lone wolf campaign sometime?

I am on ps4 sadly.

Yeah, Ifan was my main damage dealer lol. That crossbow hit hard. I guess AI target bow people first. I had two healers just to keep hin alive lol.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:39 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

I am on ps4 sadly.

Yeah, Ifan was my main damage dealer lol. That crossbow hit hard. I guess AI target bow people first. I had two healers just to keep hin alive lol.

Going to teach Fane some more healing skills, maybe even re-spec him as a better support for Ifan and my other two characters.

9 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I kicked Fane out lol. His fire spells have crazy aoe.

Hahahah, I LOVE Fane. I just have to move the team out of the way. I play a Pyro/Polymorph hybrid with some geomancer thrown in as well. Imagine Fane with Medusa Head and Wings flying off and shooting poison darts and fireballs. Total destruction.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Just started playing this again as a custom human elf. I lost my old save so restarting from scratch.

But wow. I forgot how good this gane actually. Can be quite challenging in places but forces you to think hard.

I have Ifan, Lohse and the Red Prince with me. I am playing as a ranger. 

@Kage do you still play?

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:25 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

Just started playing this again as a custom human elf. I lost my old save so restarting from scratch.

But wow. I forgot how good this gane actually. Can be quite challenging in places but forces you to think hard.

I have Ifan, Lohse and the Red Prince with me. I am playing as a ranger. 

@Kage do you still play?

Nice!! 

I love Ifan. I'm playing every now and then but I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough with my friend, as two lone wolves. That could be a fun challenge. I should finish the main story though. Imma download this and keep going on my primary save, I'm actually really hungry to try and beat this game so I can play it again! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 11/19/2020 at 9:50 PM, Kage said:

Nice!! 

I love Ifan. I'm playing every now and then but I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough with my friend, as two lone wolves. That could be a fun challenge. I should finish the main story though. Imma download this and keep going on my primary save, I'm actually really hungry to try and beat this game so I can play it again! :D

Ifan is so cool. I was close to finishing the game, but decided to restart. Going as a battle mage now haha.

Partied with Ifan (ranger), Lohse (healer), and The Red Prince (fighter) again.

On 12/11/2020 at 6:31 PM, AquilaTempestas said:

Ifan is so cool. I was close to finishing the game, but decided to restart. Going as a battle mage now haha.

Partied with Ifan (ranger), Lohse (healer), and The Red Prince (fighter) again.

Nice!!! Battlemage is definitely one of the most versatile offensive builds. My main player character is also a battlemage of sorts, I had her focus Warfare, Pyro and Necromancer stuff. 

First you buff with clear mind and haste, then you summon bone widow, then you bash. Hard. 

A great build for sure. What skills do you focus on your battlemage?

Also, my party consists of my player char Battlemage, Ifan as a ranger/healer, Fane as a Polymorph/Geomancer and Beast who is a really weak rogue, atm. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.