Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Ghost of Tsushima

The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan--until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics won't lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting--the way of the Ghost--as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan. 

I didn't pay a lot of attention to this game, but when I saw the game, something sparked inside. I cannot describe to you how gorgeous this game is; it's completely cinematic and the attention to environmental detail is through the roof. The leaf physics are insane. I'm actually looking forward to this! The only thing I will gripe about is hearing English in old Japan. I do hope the game comes with a Japanese dub with English subs for maximum authenticity. 

Check out the trailer!

25 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Oh yeah, so hyped for this one. Saw it mentioned a few months ago and I was like 'oo cool'

I hope it's in the early quarter of next year.

I never ever heard of this game; yesterday was my first time. I did hear about FromSoftware's new DS-styled Japanese game, but not this one. Once I saw how gorgeous it is, I was hooked! Like, in that trailer, the sword fight among the leaves.... that super sold me. And I guess, playing it on the PRO will be epic!

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

This game is gonna be so much fun!

Still no word on when the game is coming out though.

Sony isn't doing E3 and there's no PSX, so I wonder if we will get any information on a release date?

I'm guessing somewhere in Summer or Fall next year. 

1 minute ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I want to know more about this game, but we've had no news since then blegh.

I’m sure they’ll give us an update in 2019! I’m guessing either E3 or TGS. So want this game. Cinematic AF!

• 4 months later...
Just now, AquilaTempestas said:

@Nirianne I'm hearing rumours it's probably gonna be a release title for the PS5 so maybe 2020 :(

Sony won't be at E3 this year. They're doing their own thing unfortunately.

I heard about Sony not being there this year and that sucks. I always look forward to their stuff :( 

I'll be mad if it's a PS5 exclusive. I am not ready to shell out money!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Nirianne said:

I heard about Sony not being there this year and that sucks. I always look forward to their stuff :( 

I'll be mad if it's a PS5 exclusive. I am not ready to shell out money!

Fortunately Ps5 is backwards compatible with the PS4. So if Ghosts comes out for the PS4 we can still play it at least.

Just now, AquilaTempestas said:

Fortunately Ps5 is backwards compatible with the PS4. So if Ghosts comes out for the PS4 we can still play it at least.

That's true. I really want to play that game. I wonder if it'll be Souls-esque? 

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator

Eep. A new trailer at last! I'm surprised it's for the PS4 - was honestly expecting a launch title for PS5. But wow looks awesome!

All the games in this sort of genre are being trendy and saying Dark Souls. Won't be anything like Dark Souls though.

That being said, it could be similar to FromSoftware's other game, Sekiro.

@Nirianne

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, VectorLogic said:

Definitely going for that game, I do like the idea of it. But before I jump into the hype train, I'm gonna need to see some actual gameplay

Gameplay coming right up taken two weeks ago! Starts at 4:30!

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, VectorLogic said:

Well, State of Play has given us an in depth look of Ghost of Tsushima. Here's the video, it shows a bit of exploration, combat, and some form of customization. @I_StillAlive @TJMike @Nirianne @AquilaTempestas

Ah, that looks pretty cool! Game looks pretty and open. Looks  a bit inspired from the Assassin's Creed series in some ways with Ubisoft map design lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.