Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

God of War - Norse Saga

• Administrator

I'm so hyped for this thanks to Smite and it's mythology. Now I'm hooked on all things mythology related especially Norse mythos.

@Stubborn Saber @Sakura Alexia

I can't imagine they're going to repeat the storyline of 3 where Kratos kills all the Greek gods. Maybe he works for the Norse gods a [Dongainst Loki to prevent Ragnarok? Is the Kratos's son Thor? There's lots of lightning.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The game is officially out which means we get to play it now!

Anyways. I did see the ending on Youtube because I like knowing what happens.

DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. THIS IS LEGIT.

The game really does butcher Norse mythology which kinda sucks. Norse gods actually did care for humanity.

Baldur is the stranger. Should be obvious if you are familiar with Norse mythos but he's supposed to be incredibly good-looking. Not so much here, but he has one weakness (mistletoe) otherwise he's basically immune to everything.

Loki is Atreus. But this confuses me because Loki has four children.... One of which you see in the game (the world serpent)

Kratos's wife was a giantess which matches up with actual Norse mythos because Loki's mother was a giantess.

I'm guessing Loki in this game isn't too closely associated with Loki of actual mythology because then the world serpent couldn't exist. I have no idea how they're going to deal with Fenrir, Hel and the eight legged horse in the next two games.

I'm guessing in the sequels Ragnarok happens thanks to the death of Baldur at the hands of Loki and Kratos.  Loki will kill Kratos (shown in the mural) and somehow gets angry and wants to bring on Ragnarok so you'll basically be the villain.

The Witch in the Woods is Freya/Frigg, Odin's wife. Freya and Frigg were often seen as the same person in Norse mythology.

Loki really can't be a 'good guy' if we're following Norse mythology. He's going to be the new lead character and be responsible for bringing on Ragnarok and ending the rest of the Norse gods. I'm guessing Fenrir, Hel, Sleipnir and Jormungand are just going to be friendly companions to Loki instead of his children, and Thor, Odin and so and so will all have to die. But Loki also has to die to be in line with Norse mythology as I believe one of Odin's sons kills him.

Dammit. Now we have to wait another few years for part two : (

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It was fun, even though the weapon selection was lackluster as the older games have more to play with. I like that it's an open world game, which makes sense considering that many GoW games involves going back to the same area a few times. I also like the dwarf brothers, that are hilarious to listen too.

I never finished it :(. I really want to but I got dizzy and I couldn’t complete it. I have to do it one of these days to ply NG+. I still feel weird I’m not using my Chaos Blades but I think you get that later thanks to some screenshots. When you get them, I have no clue!

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I just got it like a week ago or something... I had mu doubts at first, not being able to destroy the enemies with the blades of chaos. The axe was a nice change of pace (but again, not blades of chaos).

The story however... I had a hard time recognizing Kratos from the previous entries. Where was my favorite godslayer? And who was this bearded guy who had the same red mark?

I'm yet to finish the game, but I think I have an answer... character growth. This is the same spartan warrior who decimated Olympus, only a little older, wiser, and with a son. And as certain character would point out, his past will haunt him over the course of this adventure.

Also, not to spoil anything, but keep going with the story everyone. There might be a slight foreshadow concerning the future of the saga...

• Administrator
5 hours ago, TJMike said:

Yeah, I just got it like a week ago or something... I had mu doubts at first, not being able to destroy the enemies with the blades of chaos. The axe was a nice change of pace (but again, not blades of chaos).

The story however... I had a hard time recognizing Kratos from the previous entries. Where was my favorite godslayer? And who was this bearded guy who had the same red mark?

I'm yet to finish the game, but I think I have an answer... character growth. This is the same spartan warrior who decimated Olympus, only a little older, wiser, and with a son. And as certain character would point out, his past will haunt him over the course of this adventure.

Also, not to spoil anything, but keep going with the story everyone. There might be a slight foreshadow concerning the future of the saga...

They changed up Kratos for story reasons. I think someone said it was because he noticed that killing all these gods didn't do the world any favours and didn't make him a better person. 

I know how the story ends and all, and I'm pretty sure Kratos's change in personality is because of his son's true identity setting up the remaining trilogy.

• 2 years later...
32 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

God of War: Ragnarok

Seems like we're on the hunt for Tyr, and might run into Thor. I suspect Atretres will also learn that he is Loki.

Can't imagine we will see Odin here, but would be cool.

We will definitely meet Thor and Odin will be in it too, he’s been voice casted as some guy from the West Wing. Also this is the end of the Norse Arc so all of it will happen in this game. We also get another girl in the game which is the moment I got goosebumps! 

• Administrator
Just now, Zadien said:

We will definitely meet Thor and Odin will be in it too, he’s been voice casted as some guy from the West Wing. Also this is the end of the Norse Arc so all of it will happen in this game. We also get another girl in the game which is the moment I got goosebumps! 

Oh I thought they were planning on doing a trilogy.

12 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Oh I thought they were planning on doing a trilogy.

No, in the post interview they called it the finale of the Norse part. So duology which works. There's not a bunch they can do to drag it out and dragging it out would be a disservice to the story.

4 hours ago, VectorLogic said:

Well, it has to be since Ragnarok is the Norse "End of the World" event. I'm curious on how we get to interact with Thor...and how badly we get to wreck Freya.

As far as I know, Thor is an antagonist in this game so we'll probably have to encounter him a bit before we defeat him at some point. Hoping Freya gets redemption but we shall see. She was royally screwed by the gods, lost her child. She's grieving. I don't see her as a bad person. Just very, very hurt.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Zadien said:

No, in the post interview they called it the finale of the Norse part. So duology which works. There's not a bunch they can do to drag it out and dragging it out would be a disservice to the story.

As far as I know, Thor is an antagonist in this game so we'll probably have to encounter him a bit before we defeat him at some point. Hoping Freya gets redemption but we shall see. She was royally screwed by the gods, lost her child. She's grieving. I don't see her as a bad person. Just very, very hurt.

Ah makes sense. I have  not followed the game since the last one came out. A shame really. Thought they would go for three. 

I hope we get to see Hel then. It's always fun to see how the gods are depicted and how they differ from actual lore. I wonder if Fenrir will also show? We've already seen Jorm. 

I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if we have to kill Thor and Odin, but the game hasn't exactly portrayed then in a great light so I guess they'll have enough go. Baldr was so different from lore.

3 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if we have to kill Thor and Odin, but the game hasn't exactly portrayed then in a great light so I guess they'll have enough go. Baldr was so different from lore.

Yeah, I mean this is Kratos' story so I can't imagine any gods are going to be depicted well. And I like the differences, because if they were all the same, it would get pretty stale. Especially since lore was mostly passed by word of mouth so there's always changes and nothing is concrete.

I'm loving everyone's reactions to seeing Thor - like, no he doesn't look like Chris Hemsworth, such a shock!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Zadien said:

Yeah, I mean this is Kratos' story so I can't imagine any gods are going to be depicted well. And I like the differences, because if they were all the same, it would get pretty stale. Especially since lore was mostly passed by word of mouth so there's always changes and nothing is concrete.

I'm loving everyone's reactions to seeing Thor - like, no he doesn't look like Chris Hemsworth, such a shock!

Give us red head Thor, game. Make it accurate heh. Get away from the Marvel stuff.

I keep thinking of AC Valhalla and the differences there. 

I never actually finished the first game. Think I got up to the Fafnir fight. Might have to go back someday.

Just now, AquilaTempestas said:

Give us red head Thor, game. Make it accurate heh. Get away from the Marvel stuff.

I keep thinking of AC Valhalla and the differences there. 

I never actually finished the first game. Think I got up to the Fafnir fight. Might have to go back someday.

Yeah he's an interesting version of a Thor. Gonna be fun. I'm on the second playthrough I think so I need to finish that off because I'm pretty close to the end.

I don't know anything about how the Assassin Creed games do things, but yeah, I just like seeing different interpretations. Like Irish mythology never matches up which is great.

• Administrator
On 9/11/2021 at 6:16 AM, Zadien said:

Yeah he's an interesting version of a Thor. Gonna be fun. I'm on the second playthrough I think so I need to finish that off because I'm pretty close to the end.

I don't know anything about how the Assassin Creed games do things, but yeah, I just like seeing different interpretations. Like Irish mythology never matches up which is great.

Oh nice, second playthrough. I still haven't touched this game since release date.... Sigh. Too many games. So little time. If I didn't have any stories to write and edit, I'd be playing more.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.