Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Destiny 2

Shadowkeep has it's awesome moments, I like the story, we get to see Eris again, there were some moments that made me go "WTF," and it helps us get a general idea on what we could be up against in the near future.

• 3 months later...

You could give it a try, see if you like it enough before deciding to throw some money into the current annual pass.

Honestly, the story is totally worth it but you won't really enjoy it to its fullest unless you have a group to play the more challenging activities like Nightfall assaults or Raids.

As I understand it, Bungie will be adding content until Destiny 3 comes out, which I think will be released after the PS5 is out.

• 1 month later...

From latest update

@Lone Wolf Leyirs @TJMike @VectorLogic

Will affect:

• Trials of Osiris

• Iron Banner

• New raids

• "Endgame" content like the current 980 nightfalls/nightmare hunts.

Will not affect:

• PVP modes not mentioned above

• Currently existing raids/raid lairs (Leviathan, Spire of Stars, Eater of Worlds, Last Wish, Scourge of the Past, Crown of Sorrows, and Garden of Salvation)

• Anything that came out before Shadowkeep that is not Iron Banner

• Currently existing dungeons (Shattered Throne, Pit of Heresy)

• Exotic weapons (yet) They did say they would not change exotics "At this time" so we will have to wait and see.

Does any1 know how to get the machine gun without having to do the Gambit Quest. Getting dced a bit too much and hence am searching for an alternative way to get the gun.

I am currently in Thieves Landing.

Found Ada-1 in Tower and she can help you to get it. Finally got a machine gun.

• 3 months later...

I'm guessing there will be a Destiny 3 at some point. Bungie just wants to expand D2 for a while. However, I don't agree with that BS that they're cutting the base campaign and The Curse of Osiris and Warmind content to make room for the coming expansions. New players will be like "wtf is going on?" and miss out a lot of plot -like Cayde ;( .

• 2 weeks later...

Well, techincally they're putting it away and calling it vaulted content, but I do agree that it's a dick move. Especially since a lot of new players might be interested in Destiny 2, and with New Light being free to play (which is an epic gamer move btw), anyone can experience it. But to have most of the content that helps tell what the hell is going on be temporarily removed from the game is like temporarily removing parts of the Harry Potter series, and it leaves potential newcomers with more questions than answers

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

@Shizophrenia  I notice you play a lot of Destiny 2 as well. What level are you?

Yes, I do

You mean character level? All three are around 1215 or something. After the update in 2020 everything was updated to 1050 so it was easy to get there)

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

All right people. I gave into temptation and decided to download Destiny 2 since it's free yay. Huge file though, but good thing I have unlimited bandwidth.

So... What's it like starting as a new player? Any advice? I'm thinking of going Warlock class. What DLCs are worth getting? 

@VectorLogic @TJMike @Shizophrenia @deviLz @TheWaffleKing

28 minutes ago, AquilaTempestas said:

All right people. I gave into temptation and decided to download Destiny 2 since it's free yay. Huge file though, but good thing I have unlimited bandwidth.

So... What's it like starting as a new player? Any advice? I'm thinking of going Warlock class. What DLCs are worth getting? 

@VectorLogic @TJMike @Shizophrenia @deviLz @TheWaffleKing

Ayye Welcome to the fray, warlock! :D

• I'd sugest just getting the Beyond Light expansion (the story and lore is cool, but I'm not exactly sure if you get the Darkness subclass with New Light tho. You want the Darkness subclass tho)

• Next up, the main gist of Destiny 2 these days are the seasonal passes. Every 3-4 months we get a new expansion with new missions, activities and the like. Every year around september/october we get a new Expansion and annual pass, which already comes with all the season of that year. For instance, if you get the Beyond Light Deluxe, you get the current expansion and the content of the past 2 seasons, the current season and all future seasons until the next big expansion is released.

• Finally, progression! I suggest giving this guide a look for the concepts and best ways to leveling up :D

https://www.thegamer.com/destiny-2-how-to-reach-max-power-level-quickly/

• 4 months later...

Trials of Osiris rewards this week

The experimental Trials of Osiris have started in Destiny 2 and Bungie has chosen the Cauldron as the map of choice for this weekend's encounters.

And according to the first reports being shared by Guardians, the Sola's Scar Adept Sword is the Flawless loot available in Trials of Osiris until October 26. Other loot news includes:

• Reputation Rank 10: Eye of Sol Kinetic Sniper rifle - or reset - The Messenger Kinetic pulse rifle
  • Reputation Rank 16: Igneous Hammer Solar hand cannon - or reset - Sola's Scar Solar sword
  • Flawless: Sola's Scar Adept Solar Sword
  • 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.