Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Destiny 2

• Administrator

Well, the big day is coming very soon - the release of Destiny 2.

This will be released on the 6th of September. Are you getting the game? Have you already played a demo of it? What are your thoughts?

Official Gameplay Trailer

Official Launch Trailer

I honestly expect this game to learn from its predecessor mistakes. Destiny 1 had a very awesome story and lore behind, but the Grimoire format wasn't well received by many players. The gameplay was alright, enjoyable even, but the lack of an apparent 'incoherent' (or lack of) plotlines discouraged new players to give it a shot. The fact that the DLCs were almost as expensive as another game didn't help at all lol.

I see that Destiny 2 is already on the good path by removing the Grimoire (hopefully Bungie add it to read in-game ^_^). I want the game, but I'm being cautious about it. I plan on buying after I see how they'll manage the DLC thing.

With some luck, the first DLC won't be as bad as TDB lol

My brother went to the midnight release like he always does. We've been playing for the past few hours and I can say it's better than the first one right from the start. First one was just shoot this and that but here you can say 'I care about this world and its characters'. Good music too and the colour palettes are nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Best exotics anyone?

I can only comment on warlocks and hunters (2nd hand).

So far I have the lunafaction legs and graviton lance to complement my preference for the voidwalker sub. I had the wings of sacred dawn for a bit but I felt like I was just wearing a giant "SHOOT ME" sign.

I want the mido multi-tool, rat king and merciless when I get enough legendary shards to buy them.  

Hunter exotics - sunshot, lucky pants and that torso armour with the dragon.  

I must crack on with the Red war campaign. I have a Coldheart waiting for me (with the sub zero ornament). It looks fantastic.  

I also managed to acquire Transversive Steps and the Crown of Tempests (something for our own @AquilaTempestas ?) through Cayde's missions and flashpoints.

• Administrator
On 10/2/2017 at 0:53 PM, Lady Mechanika said:

Best exotics anyone?

I can only comment on warlocks and hunters (2nd hand).

So far I have the lunafaction legs and graviton lance to complement my preference for the voidwalker sub. I had the wings of sacred dawn for a bit but I felt like I was just wearing a giant "SHOOT ME" sign.

I want the mido multi-tool, rat king and merciless when I get enough legendary shards to buy them.  

Hunter exotics - sunshot, lucky pants and that torso armour with the dragon.  

I googled it.

Don't know if this helps - http://screenrant.com/best-destiny-guns-armor-exotic/

@FishSlayer did you pledge a faction during the rally. I've heard that Dead Orbits Haunted Earth rifle is not all that.

I have started the questline to get the Mido multi and my god it's a slog.

1) complete Devrims questline in the EDZ after the main campaign and get the Mida mini as a prize.

2) get the Sight, shoot, repeat challenge from Banshee-44 in the tower.

3) get 50 precision kills with a scout rifle. Get 25 multi kills without reloading, with a scout rifle.

4) Dismantle 5 rare or legendary scout rifles and give the components to Banshee-44.

5) get 50 airborne kills with an SMG via a new challenge given by Banshee: "The fall will kill you."

6) go back to Banshee. Get new gun.

I got the Mido Multi tool.  The 50 airborne SMG kills were a pain. What I found useful was to switch to dawnblade and make sure attunement of sky was equipped. Oh and go somewhere with a lot of low health mooks.  I went to Nessus and the EDZ (shanks count too).

I'm not sure how non warlocks would do it.  Hope there's a class tweak to allow for mid air engagement.

• 2 weeks later...

According to those articles Clan XP is resetting. That kind of shows that Bungie's expectation of them is that they are very large organizations. Kind of sucks for the smaller Clans (my small clan of 4 people barely got to level 2) but it just goes to show that Bungie simply wants people to really reach out and play with one another. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's how things have been handled in the MMO sphere since Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot.  

Seasonal items changing with bright engrams was another feature I wasn't expecting. On one hand, it gives people something cosmetic to farm for. People love that stuff. On the other, there is a massive group of people who will drop 50$ every couple months for a large handful of cosmetics . Limiting the sale of items like that is a clear way to get those people to invest more money into the game.

I like the system mostly.  That Eververse is the only place you can spend real money and that's limited to a small inventory of stock that is purely cosmetic - weapon ornaments, armour of virtually 0 power and emotes.  So you do have to grind for the good stuff and that restricts buying your way to the top.  

I've read somewhere that they're adapting the emote menu for next season so you can show off more than one at a time. 

Also Xur has made landfall and is selling D.A.R.C.I. , Knucklehead radar, eye to another world and a Titan chestpiece.  I'm not sure, I don't really care what Titans put on themselves. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.