Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Books and Literature
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

What are you reading now?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The book I'm reading is a fairly new one. 

Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau

I haven't gotten very far, but it seems like it's about these twins who are both in line for the throne. But it seems their older family members were killed recently, and they both have to get to the throne... it says "With their country and their hearts divided, Carys and Andreus will discover exactly what each will do to win the crown."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Thanks to the tv show show, American Gods, I'm now reading the novel, 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman.

If you love mythology, give it a read. It's basically about New Gods vs the Old Gods in a battle to gain worshipers for power but there's a big twist of which I will not spoil here.

Give it a read. Then watch the television show.

@Lady Mechanika

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, FishSlayer said:

@AquilaTempestas I'm reading American Gods too! Haven't seen the show yet, holding off until I finish the book, but I've heard nothing but good things from people whose taste I trust, so that's promising. 

I blame the mythology video game Smite for getting me really interested in mythology, lol. So I started looking for shows about mythology and randomly came across 'American Gods' on YouTube as a recommended video, and I was like, 'oh, sounds like something I would enjoy'. I learned that showrunner of Hannibal (Bryan Fuller) played a big role in producing American Gods and I love his work. Another win. I then learned the show is an adaptation of the novel of the same name and knew I just had to read it too because season 2 isn't until next year : ( No regrets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 7:28 PM, Hikari said:

The book I'm reading is a fairly new one. 

Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau

I haven't gotten very far, but it seems like it's about these twins who are both in line for the throne. But it seems their older family members were killed recently, and they both have to get to the throne... it says "With their country and their hearts divided, Carys and Andreus will discover exactly what each will do to win the crown."

I have to finish this! I just read Six of Crows and I kinda am itching to buy the sequel.