Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Game-Specific
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Horizon: Zero Dawn

aloy-horizon.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn is an action role-playing video game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 4. The game was released worldwide in 2017.

The plot revolves around Aloy, a hunter and archer living in a world overrun by robots. Having been outcast her whole life, she sets out to discover the dangers that kept her sheltered. The character makes use of ranged and melee weapons as well as stealth tactics to combat the mechanised creatures, whose remains can also be looted for resources. A skill tree facilitates gameplay improvements. The game features an open world environment for Aloy to explore, divided into tribes that hold side quests to undertake, while the main story guides her throughout the whole world.

I have been hooked on this in a way that i haven't since AC Syndicate.  It is to me, simply fantastic. Immersive and a rich world and backstory.  Love Aloy too.  Anyone else enjoying it too? 

• Administrator

I was thinking of getting it the other day, but picked up Nioh instead. One of my workmates says it's definitely a must-have game.

I've seen some play throughs and such, but I'm not sure if it will keep my interest for long enough.

Ah i want Nioh and ME too.  If only i had unlimited cash.  Ive heard Nioh is very Dark souls like.    

It does depend on the kind of game you like @AquilaTempestas.  It feels like a cross of the Witcher and the revamped Lara Croft series with robot dinosaurs.  Which is right up my street .  I did read an interesting article the other day about the difference between Horizon and the new Zelda in terms of where gaming is going. Ill see if i can find it.

Edited by Lady Mechanika (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

I finished this at the end of March and I love it.  Guerilla are coming up with a DLC of some sort to carry it on and the ending really lends itself to the possibility of a sequel.  

Tips - try and get the hidden armour and the override codes for all machines from the cauldrons.  It comes in handy later on.  Ditto the hunting lodge challenges.  I got top notch weaponry for completing them all with blazing suns. 

• 1 month later...

Finally! A story based DLC!

"During tonight’s PlayStation E3 press conference, Sony debuted a new trailer for The Frozen Wilds, a new expansion that’s set to arrive for the game sometime later this year. In it, Aloy faces one of her biggest challenges to date, as she’ll have to go head-to-head against some major threats as she tries to climb a deadly mountain." http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/13/horizon-zero-dawn-getting-new-story-based-dlc/

And Sylens? What's that bugger up to?

• 9 months later...

Sorry for asking it here, been searching for a full walk-through for Horizon Zero Dawn and found none so far. Could any of you guyz post a link if you have done a full walk-through for Horizon Zero Dawn, am very interested in watching the full story of the game.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, deviLz said:

Sorry for asking it here, been searching for a full walk-through for Horizon Zero Dawn and found none so far. Could any of you guyz post a link if you have done a full walk-through for Horizon Zero Dawn, am very interested in watching the full story of the game.

No worries. I haven't got the game yet but I may do one when I have my holiday break (starting after the 20th of this month)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Well, I eventually did get the game, and it's better than I thought it was going to be. I was actually kinda worried the leading female character would be annoying, but she's pretty cool.

There's a sequel coming out too. Looks pretty good! Thoughts? @Sakura Alexia

Thoughts are that I will probably try and get my hands on that.

I got HZD pretty much two years ago for christmas, but only really got around in playing it a few months ago, and I really regretted leaving this game behind, it is such a good one. Once I picked it up, I couldn't let it go until I did everything.

The game itself is not super hard if you play story mode, you can always put the difficulty up later, Aloy is a super cool character, don't be fooled because she's female, and the story is beautiful it had me tearing up a few times.

Its story and exploration heavy, and I do mean heavy as it has such a big map, there are things and minor information hidden everywhere, they aren't relevant but they're very much curious if you like collecting things.

Only annoyance are flying enemies and invisible ones, but those always are.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I haven't purchased the new one yet, but I've seen some snippets. Looks nice.

How are you finding it thus far @Sakura Alexia?

Well I ain't far into it yet, but the premise looks good.

The game doesn't seem all that different from the old one, but it does have better graphics, they added some extra movement things too for exploration that is kind of nice.

I'll be able to form an actual opinion once I get through the story more, and see if its as good as the first.

I'll say that, it is nice to be able to do some things right away, and that you keep some abilities and things Aloy can already do instead re-learning everything, giving the feel of a sequel.

I just kinda wish I had my shiel weaver armor though lol.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Sakura Alexia said:

Well I ain't far into it yet, but the premise looks good.

The game doesn't seem all that different from the old one, but it does have better graphics, they added some extra movement things too for exploration that is kind of nice.

I'll be able to form an actual opinion once I get through the story more, and see if its as good as the first.

I'll say that, it is nice to be able to do some things right away, and that you keep some abilities and things Aloy can already do instead re-learning everything, giving the feel of a sequel.

I just kinda wish I had my shiel weaver armor though lol.

I'm sure it'll look even better on the PS5. I picked up the game myself today so we'll see how it goes.

But I'm keen to play, and I hope I can make some heavy choices and friends.

3 hours ago, AquilaTempestas said:

I'm sure it'll look even better on the PS5. I picked up the game myself today so we'll see how it goes.

But I'm keen to play, and I hope I can make some heavy choices and friends.

Have you finished the first one by chance? You may find it hard to understand the story if not.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Sakura Alexia said:

Have you finished the first one by chance? You may find it hard to understand the story if not.

Nah, couldn't be bothered. But there's stuff online that fills in the gaps anyway.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Sakura Alexia said:

Okay. Shame though, cuz it's a pretty good story.

Too many games to keep track of! And too many of them are too long.

Sadly, just don't have the time to wholly commit. I play them until I get bored.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.