Drawing in new members ×
Design Your Universe
  • Style & Technique
  • Search

Welcome to Design Your Universe

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
Ask question
Ask questions and get answers from our community
Ask question
Our experts are ready to answer your questions

Font Preferences

Me, for fonts, I've never really thought about it... Now I'll have to, Aquila, thanks for the thoughts! ;)

Anyways, when I was younger, I always used some South Dakota journal one or whatever, but since then I haven't really seen any that have truly appealed to me. I may have to find that font again...But otherwise, it's Arial, as that's usually the default.

As for size, 12-14. It varies, though usually I make it more in the 14 size to help readers with worse eyesight read it at least a bit better. But any larger, and some of the more avid readers will be a tad annoyed at the larger text.

Of standard, run-of-the-mill fonts, Calibri 11. Used largely for writing, as New Times Roman 12 is required for class papers.

For custom fonts ...

• Brock Script
  • Lucida Blackletter
  • Old English Text MT
  • Parchment
  • Porcelain 
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Legend of Zelda

I almost always use Times new Roman, because that's what I'm used to using for formal writing. I do however use the old English font occasionally… I downloaded a custom font once and nearly killed one of my older computers, but I'd still like to try it… Along with maybe a few custom PPT templates for my DA account…

• 2 years later...

In Google Drive, for personal use only, Yrsa size 10, 1.35 spacing, typically two spaces after a period. Otherwise I pull out the academic rule book with Times New Roman or Arial, Size 12, double spaced.

• 4 years later...